Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Response to "The Futurist Manifesto"

When I first started to read this reading, I was already disagreeing with what Marinetti was saying. He was saying like he want to free this land from the professors and archaeologist, and he describe them as a smelly gangrene. He would then say that we should free the land from the museums, and that is something I disagree with also. Since, I have traveled to Italy and two other european countries; I have seen a few museums in all of the countries I've been to.If I wasn't able to see the paintings and sculptures they would place in the museums, then it won't give the place the history or famous works that needs to be shown.

3 comments:

  1. Bro,

    Marinetti is speaking out against human nature in his current society. Thus, everyone is to blame. Marinetti is trying to spread awareness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why this piece is a classic, because people continue to act this way today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. more technology, more simplicity, faster, faster, all become used like an endless supply of drugs.

    ReplyDelete