Sunday, September 25, 2011

It seems to me that any time something new is coming out people freak about how different it's going to make things. The thing that I've seen so far is how yes, minor things change, but in reality it seems like all the major things stay the same. I think people in the time this article was written were far more utopian that people are now. This might just be the people I hang around, but it seems to me as though people are more pragmatic than they used to be. I really don't think the role of art with the inclusion of new forms of technology is going to change in giant structural ways. I think the changes that occur will seem massive at first, but really when we look back at the time period we're in people will be able to just label it like they've labeled everything else. It might just be me, but it seems like things tend to come in circles. I feel as though with new mediums that pieces are being demonstrated with are just going through their abstract phase of the circle. Maybe if Hollywood wasn't making so many formulaic remakes this wouldn't be the case. It seems like art always has to be rebelling from what the main flow of things are showing.

No comments:

Post a Comment