Sunday, September 18, 2011

Lines and Cones and Stuff

I think it's interesting how much thought goes into the purity of this artwork. Also it's interesting to me to think about how the philosophy of this piece is so debated over. I read the article before watching what the pieces actually looked like in motion, and I was very much wondering what the big deal was. Especially when they were questioning how pure the artwork needed to be for it to still be considered the original. I can understand that the philosophy behind an artwork is an important part of why people like it, but sometimes I also think that people just think things because they're cool and haven't been done before. I was on the side of being less purist before watching the videos that Evan(I think Evan) posted. After watching the works of art in motion I was even less purist. I don't care if he uses film or digital because it seems like the philosophy behind the piece is not pushed forward by the medium as much as it's pushed forward by the idea that this film is taking up a 3D space.

No comments:

Post a Comment