Saturday, September 17, 2011

Line Describing a Cone


I’m glad that Mike posted the video because it gave me a better idea what the reader was describing. I like that this artwork is interactive and that the experience of the viewer is different each time it is seen.  Depending on where one is standing and how many people are viewing it, the experience is different and I agree with the artist when he says, “The film exist only in the present, the moment of projection.,” which is cool because it’s ever changing, which to me makes it timeless. With most of the film we’ve watched , they’ve dealt with issues that are going on and in the future they will be come historical videos and the only way you’ll be able to discuss them is by talking about what events were happening at that time where as them projection doesn’t have a narrative and therefore you can’t put it in a discussion of what’s going on here because it is always changing and interactive.

No comments:

Post a Comment